Quiet Batt™ 30 soundproofing insulation offers a high-performance acoustic insulation product. It is designed for use in a variety of areas, including:
- Interior and exterior walls
In order to better understand the true value of Quiet Batt™ 30, let us take a closer look at some of the key questions about this cotton insulation.
What Is Quiet Batt™ 30 Soundproofing Insulation?
Quiet Batt™ 30 offers specially formulated high-density cotton insulation. It consists of 80 percent recycled cotton and offers a sustainable sound-dampening insulation. It also serves as a standalone sound batt insulation product and can be used in combination with other sound insulation materials.
With Quiet Batt™ 30 cotton insulation, a property owner can utilize a sound-deadening insulation that is safe and effective. It does not contain harmful chemicals and is itch-free.
In addition, Quiet Batt™ 30 has a Class A flammability rating. The soundproof cotton insulation passes most building code flammability requirements for exposed materials.
Quiet Batt™ 30 can make a world of difference for those who want to soundproof a single room or an entire building. And with an acoustic insulation expert at your disposal, you should have no trouble using Quiet Batt™ 30 to soundproof any setting.
How Does Quiet Batt™ 30 Cotton Insulation Work?
For property owners, it is important to understand the differences between soundproofing and sound absorption insulation. If you hear noise from a different space, you likely need soundproofing insulation, as this type of insulation stops noise from traveling from one room to another. Comparatively, if noise comes from the same space, sound absorption insulation may be needed. This insulation will reduce echoes and vibrations, improving a room’s overall acoustics.
Quiet Batt™ 30 offers soundproofing capabilities to help you deal with two kinds of noise:
- Airborne: Consists of noise that comes from a building’s exterior, such as traffic and voices, and inside a property, like TV and music.
- Impact: Occurs when one object collides with another, and includes vibrations from large appliances and noise from footsteps.
Quiet Batt™ 30 also boasts cotton fibers that possess inherent qualities for soundproofing and sound absorption.
HGTV points out cotton insulation features acoustic ratings that are about 30 percent higher than those for traditional insulation. This indicates cotton fibers that can deliver superior soundproofing and sound absorption, resulting in a quieter interior for property owners.
Understanding the Noise Reduction Coefficient
The noise reduction coefficient (NRC) of cotton insulation often is higher than other types of insulation. An insulation’s NRC is used to measure how much sound an acoustic product can absorb. NRC ratings may vary from 0 to 1. An NRC of 0 means an acoustic product does not absorb sound, and an NRC of 1 indicates a product absorbs all sound. NRC is based on an acoustic product’s thickness and density. Therefore, an acoustic product with a .95 NRC rating is capable of absorbing 95 percent of the sound in a space, while the remaining 5 percent is reflected.
Quiet Batt™ 30 is ideal for walls, floors, and ceilings and has been shown to reduce sound transfer across those surfaces. The cotton insulation absorbs sound within wall and ceiling cavities, reducing the sound transfer from one space to the next. It has an NRC of .95, which indicates that the cotton insulation absorbs nearly all sound.
Furthermore, Quiet Batt™ 30 improves sound control while maintaining traditional insulating resistance-value (R-value). The cotton insulation features R13 thermal resistance and thickness of 3 inches to help property owners lower their heating and cooling costs, along with ensuring that a space will be more comfortable throughout the year.
Greater Energy Efficiency With Quiet Batt™ 30
Quiet Batt™ 30 helps keep a property warmer in winter and cooler in summer. When Quiet Batt™ 30 is used in an attic, basement or crawlspace, an individual can improve temperature control across a property. Quiet Batt™ 30 provides thermal insulation that limits the transfer of heat inside and outside of a space. It ensures you can use less energy to keep an area at a comfortable temperature. As such, you may be able to lower your energy bills thanks in part to cotton insulation.
With Quiet Batt™ 30, you can reduce the amount of heat that escapes through your property’s roof. The insulation gives you greater control of your home’s temperature, ensuring you can run your heater or air conditioner less to maintain a comfortable temperature. It can even help you conserve energy and reduce your carbon footprint.
Other Benefits of Quiet Batt™ 30
Quiet Batt™ 30 is treated with borate, a flame retardant and insect and rodent repellent. It does not include fiberglass or formaldehyde.
Lastly, Quiet Batt™ 30 is precut to fit 16″ or 24″ framing and features batts that are 8′ in length. The batts minimize the need for cutting and are easy to tuck into joints and trim, reducing the headaches of working around smoke detectors, vents and electrical outlets.
Quiet Batt™ 30 offers immense value for those who know how to utilize the cotton insulation properly. Of course, if you ever have concerns or questions about Quiet Batt™ 30, acoustic industry experts are available to assist you.
What Are the Most Common Uses for Quiet Batt™ 30 Sound Deadening Insulation?
Quiet Batt™ 30 is great for many residential and commercial applications, including:
Many homes feature drywall on interior walls. Meanwhile, Quiet Batt™ 30 is ideal for any environment that needs soundproofing and remains a top choice for drywall applications.
Quiet Batt™ 30 is easy to handle and insulation batts can be tucked into place with your bare hands without difficulty. The cotton insulation installs with a tight friction fit between wood and metal studs to minimize sound and thermal energy transmission.
Minimal tools are required for Quiet Batt™ 30 installation. Only a utility knife, a tape measure and a vapor barrier are needed if you plan to use material for drywall.
2. Drop-Down Ceilings
Quiet Batt™ 30 can be installed directly above drop ceiling tiles to reduce sound transfer through the ceiling plenum.
To perform a Quiet Batt™ 30 installation on a drop-down ceiling:
- You’ll first need to remove a few ceiling tiles near one of the side walls in the room. This ensures that the row closest to the wall remains intact.
- Next, roll out a section of insulation on top of the row of tiles and ensure the top surface of the tiles is completely covered. If you encounter a return vent, slice the material around the vent and leave it open for airflow.
- At this point, you’ll want to work your way across the room and cover 100 percent of the top of the ceiling with the cotton insulation.
- Finally, replace all tiles, and the job is finished.
3. Framed Walls or Ceilings
Quiet Batt™ 30 is a friction-fit material and can be installed in framed walls or ceilings with ease.
To install Quiet Batt™ 30 in framed walls or ceilings, you only need to press the cotton insulation into the stud or joist bay, and it will stay in place. Or, for overhead applications, you may need to use insulation supports to keep the soundproof insulation in place up inside the joist bay.
A Soundproof Cow Account Manager can help you determine the best ways to use Quiet Batt™ 30 for any residential or commercial project. This expert will learn about your soundproofing needs and ensure you can deploy Quiet Batt™ 30 effectively.
What Are the Benefits of Quiet Batt™ 30 Soundproofing Insulation?
Ultimately, Quiet Batt™ 30 insulation can deliver a number of benefits, including:
1. Create a Welcoming Environment for Customers
A restaurant owner may dedicate significant time and resources to select the right chefs, ingredients and menus. However, if a restauranteur ignores soundproofing, noise problems may arise quickly.
BioMedCentral notes noise is the second most-common complaint among restaurant guests. In fact, noise can impact customers in myriad ways, such as:
- Inhibiting their ability to enjoy sweet foods
- Affecting their perception of a meal’s aroma
- Causing customers to perceive food as dry
- Lowering their overall enjoyment of the taste of food
Quiet Batt™ 30 helps restauranteurs create a better dining experience by eliminating excess noise and unpleasant sounds. This may lead customers to stay at a restaurant longer and pay for additional drinks and desserts. Plus, satisfied customers may recommend a restaurant that delivers a positive experience to others, helping a restaurant boost its sales and bolster its brand reputation.
Also, Quiet Batt™ 30 may make it easier for wait staff to listen to customer requests and limit the chance of errors while taking orders. Because the cotton insulation minimizes noise, it could help employees concentrate on multitasking and provide diners with the best experience possible.
2. Increase Employee Productivity
Boilers, exhaust systems and other equipment can create noise that can interfere with your business’s day-to-day operations. The equipment may be hazardous to the health and safety of your employees, preventing them from communicating with one another and leading to unnecessary accidents. Frequent exposure to loud noise may make your employees susceptible to long-term hearing damage as well.
Quiet Batt™ 30 enables you to create a safe work environment by limiting the risk of accidents due to poor communication and hearing loss due to excess noise. The cotton insulation ensures you can control noise in offices and may lead to fewer employee distractions and higher profits for your company. It also may help you reduce the risk of noise complaints from neighboring buildings.
3. Improve Acoustic Quality
When it comes to improving acoustic quality, there is no need to hire expensive remodeling contractors. Instead,
Quiet Batt™ 30 provides a fast-acting and low-cost solution to enhance a space’s acoustic quality.
Quiet Batt™ 30 makes it easy to produce top sound quality without the risk of bothering your neighbors. It features sound absorption materials that soak up sound waves and prevent them from bouncing back off the walls. The acoustic batt insulation minimizes echoes and reverberations to contain sound within a room. It even ensures sound won’t reach other areas of a building and prevents unwanted sound from entering a room.
Ready to enjoy the benefits of Quiet Batt™ 30? Collaborate with an acoustic industry professional, and you can find out how Quiet Batt™ 30 can fulfill your soundproofing needs both now and in the future.
Where Can You Use Quiet Batt™ 30 Cotton Insulation?
Quiet Batt™ 30 can be utilized in various settings, including:
- Apartments, Condos or Homes: Acoustic batt insulation makes it easy to block unwanted noise from entering your apartment, condo or house. If you live in an apartment, cotton insulation may help you increase your privacy by reducing the transmission of noise. Or, if you live in a condo or home, sound proof insulation may enable you to increase your property value.
- Band Practice Rooms: Band practice is vital for those who are looking to take the next step forward in their music careers. Quiet Batt™ 30 gives bands the freedom to practice in a space with unprecedented sound quality.
- Broadcast Studios: Soundproofing a broadcast studio is essential to ensure high-quality recording. Quiet Batt™ 30 enables you to minimize echoes and vibrations and boost your recording quality simultaneously.
- Equipment Rooms: Drills, engines and other equipment can be loud and distracting. Quiet Batt™ 30 allows you to reduce equipment room noise drastically, making this cotton insulation a superior choice for soundproofing equipment rooms.
- Offices: Having the ability to converse with customers, peers and superiors is crucial in any office. Thanks to Quiet Batt™ 30, you can reduce noise disturbances, maintain clear communication with clients and employees.
- Home Theaters: Many homeowners fail to consider acoustics before they set up a home theater. Fortunately, Quiet Batt™ 30 ensures you can prevent sound from entering or exiting a home theater, regardless of its configuration.
- Workshops: There’s no need to bother family members or neighbors any time you make noise in your workshop. Quiet Batt™ 30 allows you to soundproof your work area, guaranteeing you won’t have to worry about making too much noise in your personal workshop.
Quiet Batt™ 30 has been shown to help property owners achieve their soundproofing goals. To learn more about Quiet Batt™ 30, consult with an acoustic industry expert today.
Choose Soundproof Cow for Quiet Batt™ 30 Cotton Insulation
With Soundproof Cow, you can find the best soundproofing materials. We offer a broad assortment of products for dampening noise and blocking sounds in residential and commercial buildings. If you’re concerned about your budget, check out our No Bull items. These selections are heavily discounted and among the best acoustic foam and insulation bargains.
At Soundproof Cow, we strive for 100 percent customer satisfaction and provide the highest-quality products on the market. We put our customers first and back all purchases with a 100 percent customer satisfaction guarantee. And if you ever have soundproofing insulation concerns or questions, we’ll respond to your queries as quickly as possible.
Request a free acoustic analysis from Soundproof Cow today. Call us at 1-866-949-9269 to get started.