A walk-in closet can be a beautiful thing. In addition to being a great way to organize your clothes, it can be a terrific little refuge from the outside world — but not if sounds from outside the closet keep blasting in. What you really want is a space you can go into, close the door and focus for a few minutes of the day.
Fortunately, there are several affordable and easy closet soundproofing options available to you. Here are some ideas on how to soundproof a closet that shouldn’t break the bank:
- Use Acoustic Panels: Try attaching acoustic panels. Acoustic panels are a great option because they are easy to install and do a great job of absorbing unwanted sound. You can get a dramatic improvement of the sound quality inside your closet without having to overhaul the whole room. Also, thanks to the variety and color of fabric wrapped panels from Soundproof Cow, this is a way to decorate and beautify your closet, as well.
- Install Studio Foam Bass Traps: Studio foam bass traps are foam sound absorbers specially shaped to catch unwanted low frequency sounds. They are commonly used in recording studios to clean up sound. The advantage of these is that you can drop them anywhere, so no complicated rearranging is necessary. Soundproof Cow even has specially designed corner studio foam and traps in a variety of colors to suit your closet.
- Seal the Cracks: If there are any cracks or gaps in your closet wall or door, cover them with weatherstripping or acoustic sealant. Make sure it is an acoustic sealant, as a standard sealant can shrink and crack, allowing sound through.
- Block the Door: A lot of unwanted sounds can come right in through the closet door, even if you have made an effort to seal off the gaps and cracks. To deal with this, you can also hang a moving blanket in front of the door, either on the outside or the inside, to catch unwanted sound from coming in.
- Carpet the Floor: Harsh noises can bounce off hard floors and travel around the room, creating interfering and unwanted frequency. A carpeted floor or one with a large rug can catch those sounds before they cause problems.
View this post on Instagram
Make the most of your walk-in closet! Create a space that you can go to close the door and focus for a few minutes with these tips from our blog. #SoundproofCow? .? .? .? .? .? #Soundproofing #Soundproof #SoundReinforcement #SoundAbsorption #SoundControl #SoundPanels #Sound #Acoustics #AcousticDesign #Closet #ClosetOrganization #ClosetDesign #ClosetGoals #Closets #OrganizedCloset
Soundproof Your Closet With Soundproof Cow
Of course, there’s no reason you can’t fully soundproof your closet with wall-to-wall soundproofing installation. However, if you are not ready for a major renovation yet, the above suggestions may do the trick. To find out which of the ideas will work best for your closet, call Soundproof Cow. We can offer suggestions or provide a free acoustic analysis or your closet.
If you’re ready to enjoy the benefits of a sound-resistant walk-in closet, we’d love to help. Order the right soundproofing products today or contact us for your free acoustic analysis today.