Industrial Generator Soundproofing Products
Browse our selection of acoustic materials below that can help you soundproof your generator. From sound-absorbing panels to temporary barriers, we carry a variety of generator soundproofing products to choose from.
Industrial Generator Sound Absorption Products
Sound absorption materials like acoustic panels, acoustic fiberglass and fire-rated foam can help with soundproofing your generator.
Portable Generator Soundproofing Products
Portable Generator Sound Absorption Products
Tow Behind Generator Soundproofing Products
Tow Behind Generator Sound Absorption Products
Strategies to Soundproof a Generator
Generators are extremely useful in residential and industrial settings. Their ability to provide a continuous flow of power makes them essential devices to many, especially when an outage occurs or there’s work to be done in a remote setting.
As helpful as they are, generators can produce high noise levels that can be bothersome. Luckily, there are several ways to soundproof a generator to reduce the amount of sound it produces. Try these strategies:
- Create a soundproof box: Building a soundproof enclosure for your generator is an excellent way to trap the sounds it produces. The construction calls for various materials, such as medium-density fiberboard (MDF) cut according to the size of the generator. Other soundproofing materials, such as acoustic foam panels and acoustic sound sealant, will be essential for reducing impact sound and ensuring noise remains in the box.
- Place the generator on a soft surface: A significant amount of the noise produced by a generator comes from the vibrations in the metal housing. Hard surfaces such as wood, concrete or asphalt can amplify these vibrations. To reduce the noise, you can place the generator on grass, dirt or a rubber mat to keep the vibrations minimal.
- Keep it at a distance: Move the generator farther away from you to decrease the noise that you hear. You can use a long, heavy extension cord to create the desired distance.
- Reposition the exhaust pipe: Place the side of the generator with the exhaust pipe away from you. Depending on the generator model, you can also make the exhaust pipe point upwards to direct the noise away.
The Best Materials for Soundproofing Generators
You can use various soundproofing materials to decrease the noise levels a generator produces. They each have different qualities and ways of reducing sound transmission. Some of our products that work well for generator soundproofing include:
- Acoustic barriers: Our Quiet Barrier™ HD Soundproofing Composite works by providing mass and improving the noise-blocking qualities of a generator enclosure. When sound waves from the generator hit the barrier, they bounce back into the space, preventing noise from leaving the enclosure.
- Sound deadening materials: The Vibra Block® sound deadening sheet is designed for industrial applications. These high-performance sheets can effectively dampen extreme noises and vibrations. You can apply them to any variety of steel, making the sheets an ideal material for a steel soundproof enclosure.
- Acoustic foam panels: Our 1-inch acoustic foam panels offer another means of soundproofing for a generator. Made with flexible acoustic polyurethane foam, these panels provide excellent sound absorption.
Learn More About Soundproofing Generators
I just wanted to send a quick thank you for your rapid response and helpfulness. I very much appreciated it. You have been responsive in every way all through the process. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and your company.- T. Alexander