Pool Pump Soundproofing Products
Pool Pump Sound Absorption Products
Pool Pump Soundproofing
You’ve spent the entire summer swimming, diving and splashing, only to get complaints from your neighbors. Although the sound might not annoy you, a pool pump works at all hours of the day to filter water for a crystal clear appearance. If your outdoor pool pump has a loud motor, Soundproof Cow has numerous pool pump soundproofing solutions to keep your property silent.
Why Is My Pool Pump Noisy?
Your pool’s filtration system consists of several moving parts. Depending on your pool’s depth and size, your installation might call for a high-powered motor and impeller to facilitate the cleaning process. As your pool pump sucks in water to remove bacteria, leaves and other particles, plastic pieces and connections vibrate excessively.
Pool pumps are usually mounted on concrete. The surfaces around your pool have trouble absorbing sound waves coming from the main assembly. This setup quickly leaves room for concern if your neighbors are fans of peace and quiet.
How to Soundproof an Outdoor Pool Pump
The most effective pool pump soundproofing process involves building an enclosure around the unit. This structure will vary based on your setup, but a few general rules apply to all property owners. Whether you’re building a new enclosure or adding to an existing one, you can follow these steps for proper pool pump noise reduction:
- Build an enclosure: Measure the dimensions of your pool pump and construct a box made of dense material, such as plywood or fiberglass, to close off the pump on all sides. If you already have a similar construction, examine it and make modifications if necessary.
- Line the interior: Cover the inside of the enclosure with soundproofing material, like our Mass Loaded Vinyl Barriers. The reflective material works by containing sound in the enclosed space and preventing it from passing through. It also adds density to the box, enabling it to block sound. Cut the material you choose to align with the measurements of the box and stick the sheets to the enclosure using our PL® Premium Polyurethane Construction Adhesive.
- Add sound absorption: Cut and install acoustic foam panels inside the enclosure to absorb sound. The foam panels absorb the sound generated by the noisy pool pump and prevent it from bouncing around the space or reflecting on the surfaces.
- Seal the gaps: When your pool pump enclosure has gaps, noise can escape. You will want to use an acoustical sound sealant to form a barrier over the gaps or cracks and stop sound transmission. Spray the sealant on the gaps and ensure the spaces are filled completely to prevent sound from passing through.
- Add a vibration mat: Adding a vibration mat is only needed when your pool pump is not on level ground and it produces a consistent vibratory sound as a result. If this is the case for your pool pump, unbolt your unit, place a vibration mat under it and then bolt it down again.
Pool Pump Sound Proofing Materials
Adding pool pump soundproofing materials to the inside of your enclosure can stop soundwaves dead in their tracks. Some of our best-selling products outlined below are ideal for your backyard project.
Vibra Block® Sound Deadening Material
Vibra Block® products by Soundproof Cow are engineered for peel-and-stick application. Cut strips to match the walls of your noisy pool pump enclosure to see immediate results. Vibra Block® strips stick to virtually any material, ranging from steel to wood. Custom shapes and sizes are available when you speak to a representative at Soundproof Cow.
Quiet Barrier™ Soundproofing Composites
Looking to line your pool pump enclosure with a flexible material that fits any shape and surface? Soundproof Cow’s Quiet Barrier™ Soundproofing Composites limit the amount of sound that can leave a given space. A soundproofing membrane and polyurethane foam layers do an excellent job of blocking the transmission of high-decibel sounds from moving through the neighborhood. You can cover the inside walls of your plywood or fiberboard box, as we offer composite materials in multiple thicknesses.
Quiet Board™ Water Resistant Panels
Some outdoor pumps are installed within pool huts and sheds. If you have a designated space for filtration equipment, consider our Quiet Board™ Water Resistant Panels for your walk-in structure. Fasten panels across walls and ceilings to trap pool pump vibrations when entry doors are shut.
Our Quiet Board™ offerings are washable and moisture resistant, making them ideal for aquatic environments. Cannonball as close to the pool hut as you like without worrying about panels degrading. Cut panels to size using a serrated knife for a clean look. Select Quiet Board™ products are available in 1- and 2-inch thicknesses to absorb 50% of airborne sound. Quiet Board™ panels are impact resistant for maximum durability.
Purchase Our Pool Pump Soundproofing Solutions Today
Soundproof Cow uses only the highest quality materials to engineer real-world soundproofing solutions for your applications. We’ve helped everyone from professional audio engineers to DIY enthusiasts determine the appropriate options for acoustic projects.
Our staff takes your pool pump soundproofing needs seriously, and we separate ourselves from competitors with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee. Call us at 1-866-949-9269 or fill out a contact form for assistance!
I just wanted to send a quick thank you for your rapid response and helpfulness. I very much appreciated it. You have been responsive in every way all through the process. It has been a pleasure doing business with you and your company.- T. Alexander