Your gym is full of sound. Running and jumping athletes, bouncing balls, hollering coaches with trigger-happy whistles and cheering fans — all can create a noisy space.
Most gymnasiums with their empty walls, large open spaces, high ceilings, and hardwood flooring suffer from poor acoustics. With so many hard surfaces, sound waves bounce off and back into the gym. This creates background noise and makes hearing individual voices impossible.
Another problem of poor gymnasium soundproofing is sound leaks into other parts of the building. The sound of thumping feet and yelling fans can be a distraction for others in the building.
Many gym owners come to Soundproof Cow for gymnasium soundproofing because they’ve received complaints from athletes, students, instructors and neighbors. Once they’ve installed gymnasium soundproofing materials, they realize how much poor acoustics hurt the quality of their gym.
- Reduce the amount of echoes in the gym. During a heated game, attention to detail and communication among teams is essential to making the right moves and performing to bring in the win. Echoing audience noise, the squeaking of shoes, music and other sounds can elevate to a distracting level and prevent proper communication between players. We use soundproofing materials to show you how to reduce echo in a gymnasium so your athletes can clearly hear the coach’s voice and each other.
- Decrease the amount of sound leaked to other parts of the building. In a school setting or community center, a gymnasium can serve multiple purposes. Your gym might be host to sporting events, assemblies, rallies, recreational activities, classes, banquets, conferences or performances. With so many functions, gyms are an integral part of their communities, but that doesn’t mean they should interfere with other activities in and around the same setting.
Loud voices, the sound of shoes or the reverberating waves of music from the gym can invade and disturb others trying to teach classes, absorb information or conduct activities in the building. Equip your gym with acoustic soundproofing materials so sound from the gym doesn’t disturb others.
- Improve the health and safety of everyone. Distractions and loud noises can lead to inattention, mistakes or injuries during sports games, events or school activities. Clearer sound quality means clearer communication, and less noise means less hazard. Protect your students or community members by reducing the noise level in the
- Create a better teaching environment. For school gymnasiums, activity centers or community environments, gyms are a prime place for teaching fitness classes, engaging in group activities or conducting physical education classes. Poor sound quality means poor class quality, because students may not be able to hear instructors, follow directions and communicate across the gym. Soundproofing your gymnasium makes it an ideal location for the best fitness education.
- Make Your Gym More User-Friendly. An environment with optimal acoustics, open space, easy communication and great equipment will increase the ease and enjoyment of any student or community member who regularly exercises, plays sports or attends events in your gymnasium. Incorporating soundproof materials to increase school gym acoustics also contributes to a favorable reputation for your facilities.
If a high-quality gym with high-quality acoustics is your goal, trust Soundproof Cow to deliver the soundproofing materials for a gymnasium that can improve your school or business and provide your students or customers with a much-appreciated service. With superb standards in quality and customer service, we will make your space effective and appealing to the ears. Purchase our products or request an acoustic analysis today to get you started.
Gymnasium Soundproofing Products
isoTRAX™ Soundproofing System
The isoTRAX™ Soundproofing System works by combining several different soundproofing strategies into one easy to use package. Designed to be installed inside of a wall orLEARN MORE
Quiet Barrier™ HD Soundproofing Material (Sheet)
Quiet Barrier™ HD soundproofing material (1/4 in. 2 lb./sqft.) 4’x8 ‘sheet is a high density, non porous material that exhibits a non-resonant quality due to itsLEARN MORE
Gymnasium Sound Absorption Products
Standard Fabric Wrapped Acoustic Panels
These Standard Acoustic Panels are an excellent general purpose acoustic product. We’ve taken our most popular acoustic panel, the Udderly Quiet™ 200 series, and created aLEARN MORE
ADAPT Acoustical Treatments
Artistically unique and acoustically practical, ADAPT™ Acoustical Treatments answer the call for projects that demand fashion and function. ADAPT™ art acoustic panels give you the abilityLEARN MORE
Large Udderly Quiet™ Studio Foam Kit (Charcoal)
Our Large Udderly Quiet™ Studio Foam Kit is our most popular kit. Those with smaller studio environments choose this kit due to the amount of acousticLEARN MORE